CAMP INVENTION IS BACK!!!
Introducing our all new 2018 program
Summer 2018 Session Runs July 16- August 3
Camp runs from 9:00am - 3:30pm
For: Rising 1st through 6th graders
Cost: $299 per child (sibling discounts available!); after hours care, from 3:30pm - 6:00pm, is available for an additional $109
Due to repairs of Westbriar's roof this summer, this camp will be held at Spring Hill ES, 1945 Lord Fairfax Rd, Vienna, VA 22182.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Select "Spring Hill ES: Grade K-6 Camp Inventions & Stemtree 2018 Summer Camp". Stemtree will also be offering camps in science and engineering.
First Week and Third Week: Stemtree Science & Engineering (July 16-20 and July 30-August 3)
- Each week campers will work in pairs on their own customized learning plan to explore the wonders of Robotics and program their own games with fun. Students attending our extended care will have fun building electrical circuits. Campers attending week three will continue their activities from week one.
- Technology: We teach the fundamentals of computer programming in a fun environment. Students are introduced to computer programming by turning their own ideas into interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art.
- Engineering: inspire children to be creative and to be engaged in solving significant design problems at this early formative age. They help your child think, act, and design like engineers. Students will apply their basic science and be engaged in engineering activities related to robotics, and electrical and electronics (EE).
Second Week: Camp Invention Fast Forward (July 23-July 27)
- Your child will become a Robotic Pet Vet™ using tools, circuitry, biology and physiology to take apart and diagnose puppy problems. Campers then celebrate the homecoming of their customized robotic pet as they demonstrate design engineering concepts in the construction of a new dog park attraction!
- In Mod My Mini Mansion™ your child will dream up and design their very own futuristic smart home filled with gadgets, LEDs and technology – from exploring renewable sources to binary coding, this take-home mini mansion will make architecture concepts unforgettable!
- Campers will launch into the future with their very own Optibot™– a small self-driving bot that senses change in light, as children go on an exploration adventure fueled by aerial, aquatic and land transportation technology!
- Daily challenges will inspire your young innovator to Stick To It™ using collaboration, discovery and invention prototyping to solve real world issues. Whether it’s through the lens of a physicist, engineer or entrepreneur, campers explore chemistry with magnetic slime, trajectory in a catapult challenge, and the exciting testing of mechanical gears and their robotic arm creations!