Creative Writing Camp (RISING 3RD - 7TH GRADERS)
Do you like creative writing?
Want to have more fun with writing?
Then Creative Writing Camp is for you!
Who: Rising 3rd - Rising 7th Graders
When: July 30 - August 3, 2018 from 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm each day
Where: Freedom Hill Elementary School
Looking for something different in the beginning of August? Does your child enjoy creative writing? Children that would enjoy the following activities will love Creative Writing Camp!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Use all five senses to describe spaghetti dinner at your house.
- Complete this prompt ... "I heard a jingling sound coming from the basement ..." or "An alien landed in my bedroom..."
- Create a backstory for your superhero and how she got her powers
- Write down three words on three separate sticky notes ... and pass them to your friend. Write a story with his words.
- Describe your favorite book cover. Can your partner draw it based on your detailed description? Show it and compare.
Activities include: Fun writing activities, learning to use all five senses in oral and written descriptions, laughing, using lots of descriptive words, reading aloud from students' writing and from favorite books and poems, planning, writing, editing, and learning. Students will have fun, improve their skills, and be inspired!Class is limited to 25 students. Pay online at time of registration to complete your registration. Incomplete registrations will be cancelled, and your spot will be given to the next registrant. No refunds.
Any questions, contact Pam at CCCCskills@gmail.com The camp's lead teacher, Pamela Konde, has extensive teaching experience. A former George Washington University Law School Adjunct Professor of Research and Writing, she has taught the Westbriar Writing Club since 2013. At the request of students and parents, she is bringing back Creative Writing Camp for the third summer. With a maximum of 25 students in the entire program, a lead teacher and high school assistants, Writing Camp can provide personal attention to each child.
For more information or to see photographs from previous Creative Writing Club sessions, see www.KondeStrategies.com.